Pages

Tuesday 8 March 2016

Wonder Point of view Writing

Our writing task for the last couple of weeks was to write a short essay. Explaining what point of view R.J Palacio used in the book “Wonder” overall I really liked the book “Wonder” and can’t wait to read more.


In the book ‘Wonder’, Palacio uses the first point of view to tell the story.
‘Wonder’ is a story about a boy who feels ordinary on the inside, but he is always reminded of how different he is by how people respond when they see him. This is R.J Palacio’s first novel and it is written in the first person.

Firstly I think It’s in first person because he says,
‘I know I’m not an ordinary 10 year old kid.’


Secondly I think It’s in first person because he says,
‘I’ve never been to a real school before.


Thirdly I think It’s in first person because he says,
‘I can’t say I didn’t always want to go to school’ because that wouldn’t be exactly true.’

Therefore In ‘Wonder’, Palacio uses the first person point of view to tell the story. The book ‘Wonder’ is written in first person.

1 comment:

  1. Tim: This is a superbly presented piece of work. You have shown a real understanding of the concept of 'first person narrative' and you have punctuated your writing very well. It is great to see that you are investigating this book in depth. I look forward to hearing whether the book 'Wonder' has impressed you as much as it has moved Miss Blair. I look forward to your next blog post. Well done Tim.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.